Select Page


Following years of drought, there is increased interest in harvesting stormwater.

If you are proposing to harvest stormwater straight out of a drain, you need to obtain permission from the owner of the drainage asset – often your local council.

If you want to take stormwater from a waterway (river or creek), you need to contact us to discuss your proposal.

Water in waterways is untreated and should not be considered safe for human consumption without proper treatment.

Keep up to date and subscribe now

If you would like to receive newsletters from Southern Rural Water, please sign up here.