Pykes Creek Reservoir
Pykes Creek Reservoir is open for all recreational use. Visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PykesCreekReservoir for regular updates.
The reservoir primarily provides water for farmers in the Bacchus Marsh and Werribee Irrigation Districts. This means that the water levels can vary.
Pykes Creek Reservoir is located on a tributary of the Werribee River, 72 km west of Melbourne on the Western Highway -VicRoads Reference Map 611 E1
Hours of operation
Pykes Creek recreational facilities are open between 8am and 8pm daily.
Facilities and what to do
Pykes Creek Reservoir is a popular spot for boating, fishing, swimming and picnics. There is no camping available. The reservoir is regularly patrolled and boat access is often restricted due to water levels (see Things to note, below).
Facilities at our recreation area include:
Please note that Pykes Creek is patrolled regularly by our compliance team.
- In the interests of making a visit to Pykes a safe and enjoyable one for everyone, vessels (including jetskis) will not be allowed on the water without displaying current registration and drivers carrying a current marine licence, and may be inspected for appropriate equipment
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Only boats powered by an internal combustion engine are permitted if the engine has a water-cooled exhaust system, discharging through the transom at or below the waterline
- Boating restrictions apply when water levels lower.
While visiting our recreation facilities you are not permitted to:
- have fires or fire pits
- leave rubbish - all our site are carry in carry out zones
- reserve any picnic areas
- drive or ride motorbikes along the shoreline our in fenced areas
- enter prohibited areas
- vandalise the facilities
- hunt, carry or discharge a firearm
- ride or walk horses anywhere, including in the water
- camp overnight (unless sign posted as designated RV area).
Request to hold events
From time to time, people wish to hold events at our recreational facilities including festivals, birthday parties and weddings. We cannot close or our recreational facilities for private events and you can not book sites.
You must have permission to hold any organised entertainment, rally, boating event or regatta, festival, public meeting, training class or demonstration, wedding or similar ceremony, or private functions for 30 or more people.
Please email us to with your request in writing.
Pykes Creek Reservoir is located on a tributary of the Werribee River, 72 km west of Melbourne on the Western Highway.
VicRoads Reference – Map 611 E1