Melton Reservoir, located to the west of Melbourne near the township of Melton, is a popular area for passive recreation. The reservoir provides water for farmers throughout the Werribee Irrigation District. This means that levels can change throughout the year.
Please note: The Melton Recreational Reserve area will be closed to the public until further notice while we undertake some repairs.
The reservoir has a large number of snags and for safety reasons, no boating is allowed other than under the control of the Melbourne Runabout and Speedboat Club.
While visiting our recreation facilities you are not permitted to:
- have fires or fire pits
- leave rubbish - all our site are carry in carry out zones
- reserve any picnic areas
- drive or ride motorbikes along the shoreline our in fenced areas
- enter prohibited areas
- vandalise the facilities
- hunt, carry or discharge a firearm
- ride or walk horses anywhere, including in the water
- camp overnight (unless sign posted as designated RV area).
Melton Reservoir (also known as Exford Weir) is located on the Werribee River approximately 6kms south of Melton – VicRoads Reference Map 97 G4.
Melton Reservoir (also known as Exford Weir) is located on the Werribee River approximately 6kms south of Melton – VicRoad Reference Map 97 G4.