We have now lodged our submission on pricing with the Essential Services Commission, covering a five year period from July 2018 to June 2023.
The ESC will make its final decision on our proposal between May and June 2018.
What is a price submission?
The 2018 Price Submission is Southern Rural Water’s proposal to the Essential Services Commission in relation to price and service for the period 2018-2023.
After assessing our Price Submission, the Essential Services Commission will make a determination which will specify the process for setting prices over the next five years. This will include setting a limit on the total revenue we can raise over the period.
Our engagement process
At Southern Rural Water, we pride ourselves on our strong relationships with customers. Our ongoing engagement with customers includes:
- Customer Consultative Committees (CCCs)
- strong relationships between our field staff and customers
- a dedicated Customer First team reviewing the ways we provide service
- regular Board meetings with customers and visits to their businesses
- focused engagement for all major projects
- detailed customer surveys every two years
- short transactional customer surveys and feedback
- regular newsletters, website and social media updates.
All of this engagement is shaping our strategic direction and planning through to 2030, including many elements of this Price Submission.
Additional engagement specific to this submission included discussions with many customers we don’t often hear from as well a series of workshops and focus groups across our region to maximise the opportunity for customers to participate.
We asked what is most important to you what service improvements we should deliver over the next few years. We also asked for customers’ views and questions on all aspects of our service delivery and water management.
We thank everyone who contributed, making our proposal a document that reflects the priorities of our customers.
What is important to you?
You told us what matters most to you as water users and customers of SRW. These became our “customer outcome” goals. When we have achieved these goals, we will know we have met the expectations of this Price Submission. These goals are:
SRW provides great customer service
- Customers can access SRW’s services and information in the manner they prefer (whether online, face-to-face or over the phone)
- SRW responds to customer queries and processes applications promptly,
SRW’s water supply system enables good practice irrigation
- SRW’s irrigation district infrastructure provides improved service levels, is efficient and reliable
SRW manages water resources well, maintaining a good balance between my needs as a water user and the sustainability of the resource
- SRW is committed to resource management that maximises the water available for consumptive use while ensuring overall sustainability.
SRW works with me to manage my water needs and entitlements
- SRW is committed to helping customers to meet their business goals in a variable and changing climate.
SRW keeps prices as low as possible
SRW is committed to modernising our whole business with minimal price increases.