The following warning is current on the EmergencyVictoria website: issued by VICSES today (Sunday 11 August 2019) at 11:28 AM.
This Moderate Flood Warning is being issued for Traralgon, Morwell, Yallourn North, Tyers and Glengarry West and surrounding areas.
- Latrobe River Yallourn to Traralgon Creek: Moderate flooding is expected along the Latrobe River Yallourn to Traralgon Creek. The Latrobe River at Thoms Bridge is currently at 4.46 metres and rising. A peak around the moderate flood level (5.00 metres) is expected in the Latrobe River at Thoms Bridge Sunday afternoon.
- Monitor weather forecasts and river levels. Go to www.bom.gov.au/vic/warnings
- Follow your emergency plan and locate your emergency kit, if you have one.
- Be aware of road hazards including mud, debris and damaged roads or bridges.
- Floodwater is dangerous – never drive, walk or ride through floodwater.
Impacts in your area:
- Main roads and bridges may be closed due to flooding.
- High river levels and potential flooding in areas close to rivers and streams.
This message was issued by State Emergency Service.
- For river heights check www.bom.gov.au or phone 1300 659 217.
- For urgent animal welfare issues phone Agriculture Victoria on 136 186 or your local vet.
- For life threatening emergencies phone Triple Zero (000).
- For flood and storm emergency assistance from the SES phone 132 500.