Werribee Bacchus Marsh Customer Consultative Committee
This committee meets every two months and is responsible for:
- Providing customer perspective on our Western Irrigation Business including our future plans, prices, investments,
budgets and performance indicators;
- Providing input into system and service improvements;
- Advising on tariff structures, pricing and billing;
- Advising on customer communications;
- Providing customers’ perspectives on key business issues.
Members are selected to ensure that a broad range of customer views are heard. Each member brings a wide range of experience which helps us respond to the changing needs of our customers. Committee member appointments are for four year terms, with the option to renominate at the end of the term. If you are interested in becoming a member or would like to have an issue discussed at a meeting, please contact us on 5139 3100.
Erin Peelman – Chairperson WID
Erin joined the committee in 2016 and is relatively new to vegetable farming. She is currently working in a small family-run farming business in Bacchus Marsh that specialises in the production of beetroot, parsley, coriander, spring onions and seasonal produce like radish and silver beet. Erin would like to help create diversity on the committee by bringing a female perspective and to be a voice for the smaller growers in the region. Erin hopes to encourage more women to become involved in what happens on the farm and feel like they have someone that they can approach on the committee. Contact Erin on 0412 827 525.
Andrew Christou – Committee Member WID
Andrew joined the committee in 2014. He has lived in the Werribee irrigation district for 50 years, farming for more than 30 years. Andrew joined the committee because he felt that the district needed some new customer representatives and a different voice. Contact Andrew on 0412 515 740.
Tony Caon – Committee Member WID
Tony joined the committee in 2018. He is the Sustainability Manager at Werribee Open Range Zoo which is one of SRW’s more diverse customers. Tony joined the Zoo in 2017 and brings more than 20 years of environmental management experience, including seven years as the regional Asia Pacific and Africa, Environmental Manager of Ford Motor Company. Tony has experience in water supply, quality and treatment having worked with many water authorities across the region. Contact Tony on 03 9731 9618 or email email@example.com
Amedeo Mason – Committee Member WID
Amedeo (Amo) has been a member of the committee since 2012. He is a major partner of Mason Bros Vegetable Farms, a large vegetable farming enterprise in Werribee South, and has worked with his father and brother to grow the business over the last 17 years. Amo is also a member of the Vegetable Growers Association (VGA) and the Victorian Farming Federation (VFF). His focus is on consistent improvement and continued growth of the business and the viability of the Werribee irrigation district. Contact Amo on 0402 127 120.
Paul Temuskos – Committee Member
Odino Boratto – Committee Member
Role of the Committee
- helping to shape and approve our Western Irrigation Business including our future plans, prices, investments, budgets and performance indicators
- providing input into system and service improvements
- helping to shape tariff structures, pricing and billing arrangements
- monitoring customer communication strategies and activities
- providing a customer’s perspective on key business issues
- assisting SRW improve relationships with our customers
- helping shape positive external stakeholder views on the Werribee and Bacchus Marsh Irrigation Districts
All WBMCCC members are selected to ensure that a broad range of customer views are heard. Each member brings a wide range of experience which helps us respond better to changing needs and concerns from our customers.
The WBMCCC provides a direct link between SRW and our customers, ensuring that we:
- remain responsive to customer needs
- can understand issues and possible solutions from the perspective of different groups
- involve the community in projects from the beginning ensuring its views are considered as part of the project
- have access to valuable community knowledge
- receive feedback about our customer service performance
- are advised about new or modified service requirements
- take into account the customer perspective in responding to external stakeholder concerns about the Werribee and Bacchus Marsh Irrigation Districts
If you are interested in attending a meeting as an observer, becoming a member or would like to have an issue discussed at a meeting please contact us.
Meeting schedule 2021
Monday 7 June 2021
Monday 9 August 2021
Monday 8 November 2021
Agenda and minutes