Werribee Bacchus Marsh Customer Consultative Committee
This committee meets every two months and is responsible for:
- Providing customer perspective on our Western Irrigation Business including our future plans, prices, investments,
budgets and performance indicators;
- Providing input into system and service improvements;
- Advising on tariff structures, pricing and billing;
- Advising on customer communications;
- Providing customers’ perspectives on key business issues.
Members are selected to ensure that a broad range of customer views are heard. Each member brings a wide range of experience which helps us respond to the changing needs of our customers. Committee member appointments are for four year terms, with the option to renominate at the end of the term. If you are interested in becoming a member or would like to have an issue discussed at a meeting, please contact us on 5139 3100.
Erin joined the committee in 2016 and is relatively new to vegetable farming. She is currently working in a small family-run farming business in Bacchus Marsh that specialises in the production of beetroot, parsley, coriander, spring onions and seasonal produce like radish and silver beet. Erin would like to help create diversity on the committee by bringing a female perspective and to be a voice for the smaller growers in the region. Erin hopes to encourage more women to become involved in what happens on the farm and feel like they have someone that they can approach on the committee. Contact Erin on 0412 827 525.
Odino Boratto – Committee Member BMID
Odino (Dino) has been a member of the committee for the last 10 years. He has more than 35 years’ experience in vegetable farming, running the family business Boratto Farms across four sites on over 100 Ha. Dino joined the committee to represent and benefit the position of all irrigators within the Bacchus Marsh district and to ensure that the area remains productive in the production of fresh produce. Contact Dino on 0419 399 277.
Andrew Christou – Committee Member WID
Andrew joined the committee in 2014. He has lived in the Werribee irrigation district for 50 years, farming for more than 30 years. Andrew joined the committee because he felt that the district needed some new customer representatives and a different voice. Contact Andrew on 0412 515 740.
Tony Caon – Committee Member WID
Tony joined the committee in 2018. He is the Sustainability Manager at Werribee Open Range Zoo which is one of SRW’s more diverse customers. Tony joined the Zoo in 2017 and brings more than 20 years of environmental management experience, including seven years as the regional Asia Pacific and Africa, Environmental Manager of Ford Motor Company. Tony has experience in water supply, quality and treatment having worked with many water authorities across the region. Contact Tony on 03 9731 9618 or email email@example.com
Nicholas Dellios – Committee Member BMID
Nicholas (Nick) is a third generation orchardist in Bacchus Marsh. His family business farms almost 500 acres in the Bacchus Marsh irrigation district. With more than 30 years’ experience in growing fruit and vegetables, Nick has a broad understanding of farming and the needs, requirements and expectations of other growers. Contact Nick on 0418 503 391.
Tom Elevato – Committee Member WID
Tom is a former Chairperson and has been a member of the committee since 2008. Tom has more than 40 years’ experience of vegetable farming and has lived in Werribee and Werribee South most of that time. He has been involved in a number of community groups over the years, including the Werribee South Ratepayers and the Vegetable Growers Association, but is now concentrating on his own family farming enterprise in Werribee South. Contact Tom on 0417 367 455.
Nick Kusmanidis – Committee Member WID
Nick joined the committee in 2015. He is a concerned farmer who is interested in representing his fellow farmers’ interests related to water quality, quality of produce, keeping prices affordable and water security for the district. Nick has lived in the Werribee South district for more than 50 years and grew up in the family vegetable farming business. He has been farming in the WID for most of that time. Contact Nick on 0419 341 801
Amedeo Mason – Committee Member WID
Amedeo (Amo) has been a member of the committee since 2012. He is a major partner of Mason Bros Vegetable Farms, a large vegetable farming enterprise in Werribee South, and has worked with his father and brother to grow the business over the last 17 years. Amo is also a member of the Vegetable Growers Association (VGA) and the Victorian Farming Federation (VFF). His focus is on consistent improvement and continued growth of the business and the viability of the Werribee irrigation district. Contact Amo on
0402 127 120.
Tony Miletic – Committee Member WID
Tony is a Werribee South vegetable farmer running the family business for the past 15 years. He grew up on the family farm learning from his father, continually improving and building the business from a modest 8ha farm, to become the large 30ha+ business it is today. The business has had to adapt to recycled water and improve infrastructure and investment to prosper through the difficult times of drought. Tony is very enthusiastic about the continued viability of the Werribee irrigation district. Contact Tony on 0438 421 746.
Nick Rowberry – Committee Member BMID
Role of the Committee
- helping to shape and approve our Western Irrigation Business including our future plans, prices, investments, budgets and performance indicators
- providing input into system and service improvements
- helping to shape tariff structures, pricing and billing arrangements
- monitoring customer communication strategies and activities
- providing a customer’s perspective on key business issues
- assisting SRW improve relationships with our customers
- helping shape positive external stakeholder views on the Werribee and Bacchus Marsh Irrigation Districts
All WBMCCC members are selected to ensure that a broad range of customer views are heard. Each member brings a wide range of experience which helps us respond better to changing needs and concerns from our customers.
The WBMCCC provides a direct link between SRW and our customers, ensuring that we:
- remain responsive to customer needs
- can understand issues and possible solutions from the perspective of different groups
- involve the community in projects from the beginning ensuring its views are considered as part of the project
- have access to valuable community knowledge
- receive feedback about our customer service performance
- are advised about new or modified service requirements
- take into account the customer perspective in responding to external stakeholder concerns about the Werribee and Bacchus Marsh Irrigation Districts
Meeting schedule 2018
Meeting No. 120 – May 8
Meeting No. 121 – July 24
Meeting No. 122 – September 18
Meeting No. 123 – October 23
Meeting No. 124 – December 11