Wellington Community Salinity Committee
The Wellington Community Salinity Committee is a customer advisory group for the Macalister Irrigation District.
The Wellington Community Salinity Group is responsible for:
- Operation and maintenance of the groundwater control pumps and free flowing bores in the MID and surrounds;
- Recommending a fair and reasonable Salinity Mitigation Rate to SRW;
- Expenditure of the Salinity Mitigation Rate;
- Providing feedback to the Wellington Shire and the irrigation community annually on how the Salinity Mitigation Rate and Shire contribution has been spent in the previous year; and
- Acting as an advocate for the Salinity Management Program.
Members of the Committee are irrigation customers from the MID and surrounds whose properties are within the Lake Wellington Catchment, north of the Latrobe River, west of the Avon River and bounded in the west by the parishes of Toongabbie South, Toongabbie North, Glenmaggie and Coongulla.
Members of the group include:
Malcolm Sellen (Chair)
Jeanette Howie (Deputy Chair)
Alex Arbuthnott OAM
Minute and Agenda Papers