Select Page

Customer Assistance

Concessions and Grants

Concessions are available on domestic water charges for holders of valid concession cards. Call 1300 139 510 for details or refer to for more information.

What concession cards are eligible?

  • Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
  • Centrelink Health Care Card.
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (cards marked as “Dependent” are not eligible).

Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards, Victorian Seniors Card, Carer Allowance and Foster Care Health Cards and Medicare cards are not eligible cards.

How much is the concession?

This concession offers a discount on water rates, up to a yearly maximum, which is indexed each year.

Are there any other criteria?

Yes, for you to be able to claim a concession on your water charges you must ensure that:

  • You have one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application.
  • You are the person responsible for payment of the account.
  • Your name is on the account.
  • Your name and address on the account matches that on the concession card.
  • Concessions are only available where water is used for domestic purposes only.
  • Irrigation water use is ineligible.
  • Groundwater licences are ineligible as SRW does not charge for domestic groundwater use.


Customer Feedback

We respond to all customer complaints within 10 business days.

If you would like to make a complaint or give a compliment to Southern Rural Water, please feel free to complete our customer feedback form. or alternatively contact us.

Energy & Water Ombudsman of Victoria (EWOV)

If you feel that your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please let us know. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria (EWOV) on 1800 500 509.

More information can be found at the Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria website.

Keep up to date and subscribe now

If you would like to receive newsletters from Southern Rural Water, please sign up here.