Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
We’re keeping your water flowing
We have been working hard to keep our services operating as normal. We are making sure we can continue to provide the essential services Victorians need, such as water for food production, power generation and managing the raw water that secures urban water supplies. Throughout this period, we have been working on the right balance between providing essential services, and the health and safety of our people, our customers and the broader community.
From Sunday 2 August 2020, there have been changes to restrictions in Victoria.
Stage 4 restrictions are current for Melbourne, which includes new restrictions on reasons to leave home and distances you are permitted to travel, and has introduced a nightly curfew from 8pm to 5am. Students across all age groups will be remote and flexible learning.
Stage 3 “Stay at home” restrictions will be in place for all regional Victoria from 11:59pm Wednesday 5 August 2020, which includes only four reasons to leave home. You may not visit others’ homes and community sport will cease. Students from Prep to Year 12 will be remote and flexible learning. Kindergartens, childcare and specialist schools remain open in regional Victoria.
Masks or face-coverings are now compulsory throughout Victoria every time you leave home.
Further details will be released in the coming days. For the latest information on current restrictions, see the Victorian Government website.
The steps we’ve taken
- Public access to our offices remain closed, as per Government guidance. Our staff are equipped to work from home and are taking your calls and responding to your email or web enquiries, as usual.
- Our field staff continue to work to deliver your water and carry out essential maintenance. You may notice that they are following physical distancing requirements when on site. We know this is a bit different, but we need our people to continue to ensure we all stay safe so they can keep on delivering for you. We ask for your support on this.
- Recreational facilities at some of our storages have reopened, including boat ramps, playgrounds and public BBQs. Physical distancing and hygiene rules continue to apply. Check the Recreation pages for full details.
As an organisation, we remain connected to our customers. We continue to provide our high levels of customer service in all our usual ways, except for office visits.
- phone: 1300 139 510
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- live webchat from 8.30 am – 4.15 pm Mon- Fri
- access a range of forms and services on our website
- order water through the Water Delivery team via WaterLINE on 1300 360 117, or use WaterLINE Online
Thanks for your understanding at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What support is there if I am having trouble paying my bill?
You may need more time to pay, or would like to discuss how a payment plan can work for you.
We have special payment relief and other arrangements available until 30 September 2020 for those who are in financial stress as a result of the pandemic.
You will be eligible for payment relief from us, for instance, if you qualify for the Federal Government’s JobKeeper program. This can apply even if you have no employees. See www.ato.gov.au for more detail.
There are also links (see right panel) to a range of confidential financial counselling services and Government coronavirus (COVID-19) support package information.
Can I still come into the office to pay my bill or see someone if I have an issue?
Our offices are closed to the public, however we continue to provide all of our services either online or by phone. Our Customer Service team can connect you to our staff, who are working remotely. We can also set up a video meeting for you with a member of our staff on your phone or laptop/PC, if you prefer.
As usual, bill payments can still be made over the phone, or through BPay, or PostBillpay online, or at any Australia Post office (the details are on your bill). If you are unable to use online systems to pay your bill, please call our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 and we will advise you about other options.
If staff are working from home, will this affect the ordering and delivery of my water?
There is no change to the way water is ordered and delivered. Customers on the regulated systems either order their water online or by phone, so there has been no change to ordering water. Our planners are fully equipped to work from home and many of our irrigation delivery systems can be operated remotely.
Where our field staff need to attend a site, they will observe current Government physical distancing restrictions, and wear approved face coverings.
What happens if something goes wrong with the technical systems?
Our IT systems are robust and we are accustomed to working remotely. However, if you do experience any issues, please phone us on 1300 139 510 or WaterLINE on 1300 360 117.
How can I access forms to allow me to manage transactions, such as transferring a licence or trading water?
A range of forms can be downloaded from our website: www.srw.com.au. You can either scan or take a photo of the completed form and send it to email@example.com. Or you can post it to PO Box 153 Maffra Vic 3860.
If you are unable to use online systems, please call our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 and we will discuss other options.
How can I complete a 100-point check to support my Water Share application?
If you are required to complete a 100-point check, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 and we will advise you about the available options.
Can coronavirus (COVID-19) be transmitted by water – either river or irrigation systems?
There is no evidence that coronavirus (COVID-19) can be transmitted via water systems, treated or untreated. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is most likely transmitted from person-to-person by:
- close contact with an infectious person
- contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
- touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face.
Please see the current Victorian Government website for more information.
More information about coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found below:
For further information related to your Southern Rural Water services or your account, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 or on live webchat Mon-Fri 8.30am tp 4.15pm.
We can also arrange an online video meeting for you with a staff member, if you prefer.
Financial assistance links:
- SRW Customer Assistance page
- Rural Financial Counselling Service
– Eastern Region contacts
– Western Region contacts
- The National Debt Helpline 1800 007 007
Other resource links:
- National Farmer Health Support links page
- SRW Family Violence Support information
– www.1800respect.org.au or call 1800 727 732
- Beyond Blue Coronavirus wellbeing support – or call 1800 512 348