Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
We’re keeping your water flowing
We have been working hard to keep our services operating as normal. We are making sure we can continue to provide the essential services Victorians need, such as water for food production, power generation and managing the raw water that secures urban water supplies. We are working on the right balance between providing essential services, and the health and safety of our people, our customers and the broader community. Victoria remains under restrictions, with further easing of restrictions from midnight Sun 31 May (Mon 1 June).
The steps we’ve taken
- We have closed public access to our SRW offices, depots. Our staff are equipped to work from home so they can take your calls and respond to your email or web enquires, as usual.
- Our field staff are working hard to deliver your water. You may notice that they are following physical distancing requirements when on site. We know this is a bit different, but we need our people to continue to ensure we all stay safe so they can keep on delivering for you. We ask for your support on this.
- In line with the Stage 3 restrictions, we initially closed the recreational facilities at our storages (including boat ramps, playgrounds and public BBQs). These have reopened with the further easing of restrictions. Physical distancing and hygiene rules continue to apply.
- From midnight 31 May (Monday 1 June), public playgrounds have been open to 20 people at a time. Public BBQs also reopened for use on 1 June. See the latest information on restrictions on the Victorian Government website.
As an organisation, we remain connected to our customers. We continue to provide our high levels of customer service in all our usual ways, except for office visits. We know that some of our customers may now be in different financial circumstances. Please get in touch to find out how we can help.
- phone: 1300 139 510
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- live webchat from 8.30 am – 4.15 pm Mon- Fri
- access a range of forms and services on our website
- order water through the Water Delivery team via WaterLINE on 1300 360 117, or use WaterLINE Online
Thanks for your understanding at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions
If staff are working from home, will this affect the ordering and delivery of my water?
There is no change to the way water is ordered and delivered. Customers on the regulated systems either order their water online or by phone, so there will be no change to ordering water. Our planners are fully equipped to work from home and many of our irrigation delivery systems can be operated remotely.
Where our field staff need to attend a site, they will observe current Government physical distancing restrictions.
Can I still come into the office to pay my bill or see someone if I have an issue?
Our offices are closed to the public, however we continue to provide all of our services either online or by phone. Our Customer Service team can connect you to our staff, who will be working remotely.
As usual, bill payments can still be made over the phone, or through BPay, or PostBillpay online, or at any Australia Post office (the details are on your bill). If you are unable to use online systems to pay your bill, please call our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 and we will advise you about other options.
What happens if something goes wrong with the technical systems?
Our systems are robust we are accustomed to working remotely. However, if you do experience any issues, please phone us on 1300 139 510 or WaterLINE on 1300 360 117.
How can I access forms to allow me to manage transactions, such as transferring a licence or trading water?
A range of forms can be downloaded from our website: www.srw.com.au. You can either scan or take a photo of the completed form and send it to email@example.com. Or you can post it to PO Box 153 Maffra Vic 3860.
If you are unable to use online systems, please call our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 and we will discuss other options.
How can I complete a 100-point check to support my Water Share application?
If you are required to complete a 100-point check, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 and we will advise you about the available options.
What support is there if I am having trouble paying my bill?
We know that some of our customers may be suffering financially as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). We have a range of ways to support you. You may need more time to pay, or would like to discuss how a payment plan can work for you. If your account is not in arrears, you can apply for a payment extension online.
There are also links to a range of confidential financial counselling services and Government coronavirus (COVID-19) support package information.
Can coronavirus (COVID-19) be transmitted by water – either river or irrigation systems?
There is no evidence that coronavirus (COVID-19) can be transmitted via water systems, treated or untreated. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is most likely transmitted from person-to-person by:
- close contact with an infectious person
- contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
- touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face.
What can I do on or around lakes and storages?
Recreational activities are now permitted at our storages, within physical distancing restrictions, and the usual activities allowed at those storages. Recreational boating and fishing are allowed, along with other forms of exercise and recreation on and around our storages.
From today, Tuesday 26 May, public playgrounds have reopened with a limit of 10 people at a time and physical distancing rules will apply. From 1 June, this number increases to 20 people at a time.
You can meet up with friends, family and loved ones at public parks – but as always, the Government is asking Victorians to use common sense and consideration when it comes to their activities. See the Victorian Government FAQs for more information.
More information about coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found below:
For further information related to your Southern Rural Water services or your account, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 139 510 or on live webchat Mon-Fri 8.30am tp 4.15pm.
Financial assistance links:
- SRW Customer Assistance page
- Rural Financial Counselling Service
– Eastern Region contacts
– Western Region contacts
- The National Debt Helpline 1800 007 007
Other resource links:
- National Farmer Health Support links page
- SRW Family Violence Support information
– www.1800respect.org.au or call 1800 727 732
- Beyond Blue Coronavirus wellbeing support – or call 1800 512 348