Our Diversity Commitment
Southern Rural Water is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. It is essential that we pursue diversity to not only deliver the business results that we seek in our SRW 2030 strategy, and to meet governmental requirements, but also because it is the right and decent thing to do.
We actively seek people with a variety of thinking styles, backgrounds and abilities, and want to create an environment where they can flourish.
We have a very active Diversity Steering Group, and a Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan.
Some of the wide range of activities we are pursuing under this plan include:
- Developing a Memorandum of Understanding with the first nation peoples across our region, starting with the Gunaikurnai in Gippsland
- Applying a 50/50 or why not gender equity principle to selected processes
- Actions and materials to support staff experiencing family violence
- Developing a men’s champions of change program within Southern Rural Water
- Partnering with Pride in Diversity as LGBTI allies
- Actions and materials to support transgender staff
- Accessibility review of our facilities
- Shadowing and employment opportunities for people with disabilities
- Revamping our work experience program
- Multicultural benchmarking and targets